Quick Links

Electronic Registration FAQ



Q.  What forms of payment are accepted?

A.   Attorney registration fees can be paid online using:

ACH (bank checking account electronic transfer from US bank only)

Credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express)

Firm administrator payment on-line.


ACH and credit cards are only accepted for payment of attorney registration fees. Any other requests or fees can be paid by check or money order (cash will not be accepted). Check or money orders are to be made payable to Clerk of the Supreme Court.


Q.  Will foreign funds be accepted?

A.   Yes, only when paying by credit card.


Q.  What is used to access my online account with the Colorado Supreme Court?

A.   Please contact the attorney registration for a postcard to be sent to you detailing this information. For security reasons this information will not be provided over the phone or by email.


Q.  How does a firm pay online?

A.   It is recommended that firms pay online by using the firm administrator option on the online registration. When the firm administrator payment option is selected the system will request a firm administrator's email address be entered. Notification is then sent by email to the firm administrator of the pending attorney(s) requesting payment. The number of attorneys a firm can pay depends on the number of attorneys selecting the firm administrator payment option and entering an administrator’s email address.


Q.  Where can I get more information?

A.   You can view a recording of a webinar presentation for the new online attorney registration. It is posted on our website at www.coloradosupremecourt.us


Q.  Do attorneys inactive 65 and older have to register?

A.   The online registration is only intended for attorneys paying annual registration fees. Attorney on inactive status and 65 years or older are not required to file a registration or pay registration fees. If the attorney wants to become active, they will need to contact our office for a status change.


Q.  Do I have to pay fees if I am on inactive status?

A.   Anyone who is under 65 years of age is required to pay inactive fees and file an annual registration.


Q.  I have not received my post card?

A.   Please contact our office to request another be sent.


Q.  Will Mac users encounter problems?

A.   No, the new application has been tested on several different Macintosh systems and various other operating systems. No problems were encounter during the testing of the Macintosh, Linux, Unix, systems or with any version of the Safari web browser.


Q.  How will I know my payment has been received?

A.   You will receive an email confirmation of payment was receipt within 24 hours of making your payment.


Q.  Can I pay by credit card with an international address?

A.   Yes, we will accept a valid credit card from any region.



Q.  Can I pay by electronic check drawn on a non-US bank?

A.   No, due to international banking restrictions electronic checks or ACH transactions can only be drawn against U.S. Banks.


Q.  Am I required to carry malpractice insurance?

A.   You are not required to carry malpractice insurance. The malpractice compliance question is just a disclosure statement.


Q.  How do I change my status?

A.   You can change your status while registering online. If you are requesting a status change after you paid your annual registration fees, contact our office at (303) 928-7800 for requirements and fee adjustment.


Q.  Why did I get assessed a penalty fee?

A.   Payment was received after February 28th and/or March 31st deadlines.


Q.  Will my payment cover my Colorado Bar Association dues?

A.   Colorado is not an integrated bar state. Membership and fees for the Colorado Bar Association are voluntary. The Attorney Registration Office is the attorney licensing office for the state of Colorado. Payment of fees to the Colorado Supreme Court Attorney Registration is mandatory to maintain a license.


Q.  How do I obtain a certificate of Good Standing?

A.   To receive a certificate of good standing by mail, send a written request detailing the attorney's name and registration number and your check or money order in the amount of $10.00. Checks payable to: Clerk of the Supreme Court. You must include a self-addressed-stamped envelope. If necessary, the certificate can be delivered overnight using Federal Express if you provide the return envelope for express delivery and a completed air bill showing the payment as your responsibility.


Certificates of good standing can only be paid by check or money order (cash will not be accepted). Checks or money orders are to be made payable to Clerk of the Supreme Court.


Q.  How do I apply for Pro Bono status?

A.   You must meet the requirements of Rule 204.6 and fill out the Application for Certification of Pro Bono Counsel found on our website www.coloradosupremecourt.us


Q.  How do I change my address?

A.   Changes can be made with your online registration or a written letter can be faxed, mailed or emailed in. An address change form can be found on our website www.coloradosupremecourt.us


Q.  How do I get a duplicate bar card?

A.   If you need a replacement card, please send $10.00 with a written request to our office.


The replacement bar card fee can be paid by check or money order (cash will not be accepted). Checks or money orders are to be made payable to Clerk of the Supreme Court.


Q.  How do I change my name?

A.   You must send the following: letter requesting the change with your old name, new name signature and registration number. Also include a copy of the court order or marriage license (does not need to be certified). Can be mailed, emailed or fax in to our office.


Q.  How do I get a new Wall License?

A.   Send a check or money order made payable to Clerk of the Supreme Court along with your request. Please expect up to six months for delivery.