Colorado Supreme Court

Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel

Promoting Professionalism. Protecting the Public.

General Notice to All Visitors

Effective November 24, the Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel will temporarily cease providing walk-in services in response to COVID-19.

The Office has developed on-line options for most services, and is still responding to email and phone inquiries. Any in-person visit must be necessary and by appointment only; visitors will be asked to answer COVID-19 screening questions the morning of their appointment, which they must affirm in writing upon arrival. Deliveries may continue to be dropped off outside the Office's reception area. Our Office contact information is here.

Notice for CLE Sponsors:


Applications (Form 1, Form 1A, Form 2, Form 2A, Form 4, and Form 4A) must now be emailed to for processing. Please include the application and all required attachments as 1 pdf file attachment (no course materials need to be submitted with application). We are currently only accepting payment by credit card, and upon receipt of the application by email, the Office will contact Sponsor by phone for payment at the phone number listed on Application form. Upon final review, the Office will notify Sponsor by email of accreditation decision.

How to notify CLE office about Cancelled Programs:

Please email to notify the office of a course cancellation. We are not issuing refunds for cancelled programs at this time.

How to notify CLE office about Postponed Programs:

Please email to notify the office of the new date or if course is postponed to an undetermined future date and list the date as TBD. We will update our record with the revised date or list as TBD. Once the TBD course is rescheduled please notify our office by email. There is no fee for these changes. We will change the course date accordingly and provide an updated accreditation form by email.

How to request a change to Program format (Live in person to live webinar/ pre-recorded):

Please email to notify the office of the need to change the format of program from in person to live webinar or pre-recorded home study. We will not require a new application or fee. We will change the course accordingly and provide updated accreditation form by email.

Notice for Attorneys:

Request to be Sworn-In Remotely by Zoom

If you have received your clearance letter from the Office of Attorney Admissions, you may register to attend one of the weekly admissions ceremonies. You will need to first register for the ceremonies by clicking the link below where you will complete the new attorney registration form and complete an online payment of the registration fee. Once the completed submission is received and verified, our office will provide by email an invitation with instructions to attend one of the remote ceremonies. If you have any questions please email

Click here to register.

Please do not come to our office to register for the ceremonies or to take the oath of admission in person.

Request Electronic Certificate of Good Standing - NEW MANDATORY PROCEDURE:

A Certificate of Good Standing costs $15. If you would like to request a Certificate of Good Standing please complete this form to process your request and payment.


Email requests are the only acceptable method of requesting a change in attorney status at this time. Please submit the form linked here to The office will contact the Attorney by phone for payment once the form is received and reviewed.


Email requests are the only acceptable method of requesting an address change at this time. Please submit form linked here to

Submit Electronic Pro Hac Vice Application- NEW, TEMPORARY MANDATORY PROCEDURE:

Applications for Pro Hac Vice limited admission must now be emailed to for processing. Please include the application and all required attachments as 1 pdf file attachment. We are currently only accepting payment by credit card, and upon sending the application by email, please call the office at 303-928-7800 to pay $300 fee by phone using credit card.

Notice for Admissions Applicants:

How can my law school send you the Graduation Certification and/or Law School Application?

Law Schools may upload Law School Graduation Certificates and Law School Applications through our new Law School Document Portal located here: Law School Portal. When sending a request to your law school to provide these documents to our Office, please inform them of this document portal. We emailed all the law schools for whom we had contact information about the new portal, but we cannot be assured that the correct individual received the information. Please provide them with the Law School Graduation Certificate Form located in the documents section of your CiviCore portal.

You do not need to mail in a hardcopy original of these documents.

Do I need to have the fingerprinting completed for the criminal history check in order to submit my application? May the fingerprint requirement be waived?

You do not need to have your fingerprints taken in order to submit your application. You do need to read, sign, and upload the Fingerprint Requirement Information form (located in the documents section of your applicant portal.)

Many fingerprinting locations around the country are closed due to COVID-19; our Office cannot waive the fingerprinting requirement, but fingerprints need not be submitted at the same time as the application. However, if a fingerprinting location is currently open near you, we recommend that you do not wait to be printed.

I can’t get all the required documents right now I need for my application. What documents do I need to submit my application?

You must complete all the questions in the application and upload the following documents in order to pay and SUBMIT your application:
Documents Required for Submission

  1. Fingerprint Requirement (Information) Form
  2. Authorization and Release (notarization requirement waived)
  3. Statement of Verification (notarization requirement waived)
  4. The related Application Question Form(s) associated with a “Yes” answer to Character and Fitness Questions 22 - 42. You do NOT need the supporting documentation for any question you answered “Yes” to on the application. In order to submit your application – you just need the related Question Form YOU fill-out supplying information about the issue in question – to which you answered “Yes”. For example, if you answered “Yes” to Question 35 that you received a Driving Under the Influence charge – you would fill-out the Form for Question 35 explaining the circumstances. The related documentation (police report, probation report, etc.) need not be provided at the time of submission of your application. All other documents that may be required by our Office can be submitted at a later date, though you will not be Cleared for Admission until your application is complete.
  5. Photo (Exam Applicants ONLY)

All other documents required for character and fitness can be submitted over time. If time is of the essence, we recommend you file your application and then continue to work on acquiring the additional documents. Our system automatically creates placeholders for supporting documents that you may need regarding an event; please note that the licensure analyst will reach out to you if those documents are required and have not yet been submitted.

Documents Requiring Notarization – NEW, TEMPORARY PROCEDURE:

Notary Requirement – WAIVED. The notary requirement for the Authorization and Release, and Statement of Verification forms does not need to be notarized at this time. Please complete the Authorization and Release and Statement of Verification, including your signature and the day, month and year fields that the notary would normally complete (ex: On this _____ day of ______________, in the year of ________) – and leave the notary section blank. Then scan and upload the documents to your online application so you can submit your application. If a notarized release is later required by a third-party from whom we are requesting information, we will work with you at that time to get a new release.

Documents Required from Third-Parties in Support of your Application:

Our Office is cognizant that requesting third-party documentation may take longer to obtain. Once you have submitted your application – OR – if you have a current application on file, we will be assessing each application to determine if we may waive any of the document requirements for your application - such as a driving record. There are some requirements we cannot waive. Therefore, IF there is an issue obtaining documentation from a third-party, please contact your licensure analyst through the Messaging Center in your applicant portal. We will be addressing the issues on a case-by-case basis.

You do not need to mail in a hardcopy original of these documents if you upload a scanned copy of the documents to your applicant portal. Please scan them in as a PDF document.

In my application portal in CiviCore it says I’m missing documents, what do I do?

The CiviCore application system automatically creates placeholders for documents that are assumed may be required based on your answer to a question. Please do not be alarmed if the system says you are missing multiple documents. As long as you have completed and uploaded the required documents so that you may pay and submit your application, a licensure analyst will review your application and follow-up with you about any additional documents our office may require for the character and fitness process.

Are electronic signatures acceptable on my documents?

Yes, you may use an electronic signature on your application documents. If our Office has any concerns about the signature, your licensure analyst will contact you. Please do not leave the signature line blank on a completed document when you upload to CiviCore. Please convert an MS Word™ document to PDF if you are able, before uploading to CiviCore. For more information how to print to PDF, please visit the Adobe™ Help website.

The jurisdictions in which I am admitted are only issuing electronic Certificates of Good Standing and Discipline History Letters. Am I required to mail hardcopy originals?

We know that many jurisdictions, either temporarily or permanently, are issuing Certificates of Good Standing and Discipline History Letters in electronic format. If the jurisdiction is providing those documents to you directly via email, you may upload the PDFs to your applicant portal. You do not need to mail in or have the jurisdiction mail a hardcopy original.

If the jurisdiction will not provide the certificates to you directly, but only to our office, if they are willing to email directly to our office – please have the clerk send the certificates to

What happens when documents are mailed to your office?

We have limited staff working in the office each day, answering phones, emails, and processing mail. While we ask that you do not come by our office, we are here to receive documents that have been mailed, sent express mail, or via courier. We then scan and upload the documents to your CiviCore application.

Mandatory Professionalism Course:

Please register through the Colorado Bar Association – CLE website at To report attendance at one of these webcast programs, please follow the instructions on the affidavit provided to you with your course materials located on your CBA-CLE dashboard. Directions are different depending on your path to admission.

Exam Applicants: Please fill-out the affidavit electronically – you will need your NCBE Number to fill-out the affidavit. Then, email the affidavit to You do not need to upload a copy of the affidavit to your application. Please keep a copy of the affidavit for your records. Please give us a couple of days to get the compliance noted in your CiviCore application. If you see that it has not been updated, please contact your licensure analyst and re-send your affidavit to

On Motion, UBE Score Transfer, and Limited License Attorneys: You should be completing this course within six months of being admitted to Colorado. You will need your Colorado attorney ID number to enter your compliance online to your CLE transcript here: The Course ID number is located in the lower left corner of the affidavit.

If you are taking this course prior to being admitted, you will need to keep a copy of your completed affidavit and provide it to the Office of Attorney Registration at the time you take the Oath of Admission.